- National code
- Nationally recognised – meets AQF standards
- Study mode
- Study load
(eg 8hrs a week/1 unit p/mth)
- Up to 12 months
- Start date
- Enrol anytime
- Payment options
- – weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan
– upfront payment
– credit card, bank deposit, cheque.
The Diploma of Training Design and Development reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. They may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practices, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
What will be my job title when I finish?
After obtaining the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training, you will have the Qualification allowing you to work in any industry as a:
- Senior Trainer
- Compliance Manager
- Training Manager or
- Training Developer
What is the Course Structure?
The Diploma of Training Design and Development includes 10 units.
5 core + 5 electives
Please refer to the table below for the units of competency and learning outcomes for the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training.
Units of competency
TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools *
TAEDES501A Design and develop learning strategies *
TAEDES502A Design and develop learning resources *
TAEDES505A Evaluate a training program *
TAETAS501B Undertake organisational training needs analysis *
TAEASS501A Provide advanced assessment practice
TAEASS503A Lead assessment validation processes
TAEDEL501A Facilitate e-learning
TAEDEL502A Provide advanced facilitation practice
TAEDES503A Design and develop e-learning resources
TAEPDD501A Maintain and enhance professional practice
TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
For more information on the unit descriptions please contact one of our team.
You will be successful in obtaining your qualification in the TWELVE (12) month timeframe or we will offer you a free THREE (3) month extension in which to complete your qualification. You must be deemed to be on track for completion in order to receive free THREE (3) month extension.
Our courses are delivered online and are self-paced, allowing completion of your course in the comfort of your own home or office, giving you the convenience and flexibility to study when you wish. You will have access to all the user friendly learning resources you need to complete your course.
You will have a timeframe of TWELVE (12) months to complete your qualification from the date you enrol. When you enrol into your course with LMIT, your log on details and access to your course materials and assessment will be sent to you almost straight away, allowing you to begin your course.
Our Diploma of Training Design and Development is delivered online via Recognition Assessment:
Recognition Assessment acknowledges the full range of an individual’s skills and knowledge. This includes competencies gained through:
- formal studies
- work experience and
- life experience
Recognition Assessment (RA) is a new term that incorporates both prior learning and experience. Previously, this process was known as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- RA means that no learner should have to undertake training for any units of competency. Learners should be able to demonstrate satisfactory achievement of the performance criteria by providing evidence from current and /or relevant work related experience.
- If learners cannot fulfil the assessment criteria in one or more units of competency, they will be given the opportunity to provide further evidence for any gap/s OR they will be advised of training and development options if applicable.
To gain entry and to be successful at obtaining the Diploma of Training Design and Development you will need:
- To be working in a position where Training and Assessing tasks make up a reasonable part of your workload
- To have completed the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Highly recommended)
- Have at least 3-5 years’ Experience working within a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Have the ability to Provide Work samples and evidence must be Verifiable by a Credible Third Party
For more information questions relating to the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training please speak with a Training Consultant.