The Advanced Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety is ideal if you have worked in a dedicated OHS role for at least 3 years and you are looking to progress your career as a Safety Advisor or Safety Consultant.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who analyse, design and execute judgements using wide-ranging technical, creative, conceptual or managerial competencies.
Our Advanced Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety is delivered online via Recognition Assessment:
Recognition Assessment acknowledges the full range of an individual’s skills and knowledge. This includes competencies gained through:
- formal studies
- work experience and
- life experience
Recognition Assessment means that no learner should have to undertake a unit of competency in a qualification which they are already able to demonstrate satisfactory achievement of the performance criteria.
- In the Advanced Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety, every unit of competency has a set of elements and associated performance criteria which must be achieved before you will be deemed competent in a particular unit.
- If you can show you have already fulfilled the assessment criteria for one or more units of competency, it will not be required from you to complete formal training in the unit.
- If you cannot fulfill the assessment criteria in one or more units of competency, you will be given the opportunity to provide further evidence for any gap/s OR you will be advised of training and development options if applicable.
As this course is delivered online, it allows you to complete your course at your own pace in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
To gain entry and to be successful at obtaining the Advanced Diploma of OHS you will need:
- To be working in a current OHS dedicated role
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a dedicated OHS role
- Have the ability to provide work evidence and evidence must be verifiable by a credible third party
For more information questions relating to the Advanced Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety please speak with a Training Consultant and or visit Occupational Health and Safety FAQs.
LMIT delivers the Certificate IV in OHS and the Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Completely Online
Published by: LMIT