This is not a training course or training program. The TAE50111 is only available via the Recognition Assessment (previously referred to as RPL).
Recognition Assessment acknowledges the full range of an individual’s skills and knowledge. This includes competencies gained through:
- formal studies
- work experience and
- life experience
Recognition Assessment means that no learner should have to undertake a unit of competency in a qualification which they are already able to demonstrate satisfactory achievement of the performance criteria.
- In the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training, every unit of competency has a set of elements and associated performance criteria which must be achieved before you will be deemed competent in a particular unit.
- If you can show you have already fulfilled the assessment criteria for one or more units of competency, it will not be required from you to complete formal training in the unit.
- If you cannot fulfill the assessment criteria in one or more units of competency, you will be given the opportunity to provide further evidence for any gap/s OR you will be advised of training and development options if applicable.
To gain entry and to be successful at obtaining the Diploma of VET you will need:
- To be working in a position where Training and Assessing tasks make up a reasonable part of your workload
- To have completed the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Highly recommended)
- Have at least 3-5 years’ Experience working within a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Have the ability to Provide Work samples and evidence must be Verifiable by a Credible Third Party
For more information questions relating to the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training please speak with a Training Consultant and or visit Training and Assessment FAQs.
Published by: LMIT