LMIT delivers the Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in OHS.
These WHS resources are provided for our students and anyone interested in getting specific OHS information based on geographical locations across Australia.
Each WHS jurisdiction in Australia has an Internet site to allow easy access to relevant WHS legislation and information.
In some jurisdictions mining and petroleum safety is administered by a separate government authority, which has its own website.
Australian WHS Regulators
– www.worksafe.nt.gov.au – NT WorkSafe
– www.wst.tas.gov.au –WorkSafe Tasmania
– www.safework.sa.gov.au – Safe Work SA
– www.worksafe.vic.gov.au – WorkSafe Victoria
– www.workcover.act.gov.au – ACT work health and safety
– www.workcover.nsw.gov.au – NSW work health and safety except mines
– www.worksafe.wa.gov.au – WorkSafe WA
– www.comcare.gov.au – Commonwealth work health and safety
– www.whs.qld.gov.au – Queensland health and safety except mines
Mining Safety Regulators
– www.dmp.wa.gov.au – resources safety – WA mining and petroleum health and safety
– www.dme.nt.gov.au – NT mining health and safety
– www.nrme.qld.gov.au – Queensland mining safety
– www.minerals.nsw.gov.au – NSW mining health and safety
Other Safety Regulators
– www.atsb.gov.au – air safety
– www.amsa.gov.au – maritime safety
– www.nopsa.gov.au – national oil and gas safety
– www.seacare.gov.au – Australian seafarer’s health and safety
– www.arpansa.gov.au – nuclear and radiation safety
BSBOHS408A ASSIST WITH COMPLIANCE WITH OHS LAWS AND OTHER RELEVANT LAWS
International Safety Bodies
– www.osha.gov – Occupational Health and Safety Administration U.S.
– www.hse.gov.uk – Health and Safety Executive – U.K.
– www.msha.gov – US mining safety
– www.osh.dol.govt.nz – New Zealand health and safety
– www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au – Safe Work Australia: – National WHS Safety body
– www.cdc.gov/niosh – National Institute for Health and Safety – research
– www.sia.org.au – Safety Institute of Australia – Safety Profession peak body
– www.ohs.anu.edu.au – National Research Centre for OHS Regulation
– www.austlii.edu.au – for Commonwealth, state and territory occupational health and safety acts and regulations
LMIT delivers the Certificate IV in OHS and the Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Completely Online in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra. The Advanced Diploma in OHS is also available via RPL only.
Published by: LMIT